Almost everyone I've met who has told me their first impression of me has included the words "energetic and enthusiastic." My animal totem is the hummingbird, racing a mile a minute. After taking the Myers Briggs type indicator too many times, I know I'm an ENTJ with a high E, that's getting a little more mellow over the years, but is still higher than most (I'm still impressed anytime I meet someone intelligent who is more nonstop than myself).
- watch the blank screen, waiting for a letter to appear
- when a letter appears on the screen (at irregular intervals), press the space bar...
- ...unless the letter is an X; if it is an X, do not press the space bar.
I pressed the bar like a psych student's lab rat, just as soon as something showed up on the screen. I found it nearly impossible to catch that it was an X before I had already pressed the bar, and after 5 minutes, I was getting ready to chew my arm off from the boredom. After 15 minutes, they popped me out and scanned my head.
- The transparent blue matrix shows "average" brain activity (=~55% of the maximum blood flow in the area).
- The red areas represent the "hot spots" (>85% of the maximium blood flow), and
- any white areas represent the "white hot hotspots" (>92% of the maximum blood flow).
So now, let's look at my brain, scanned after the concentration activity:
A little bit busier than "normal" ? And lit up in areas that normal was just "average" in. So how does that compare to my brain relaxed?
Look at all those white hot spots!! No wonder I have so many ideas and connect so many seemingly unrelated concepts together!!! And many of my best ideas come when I am relaxed.